So you have found me.
My dear wife Olga Bobrova. Kids: Mark (2006) and Alisa (2009).
Open source software
I host some of my stuff on GitHub: https://github.com/vlm
Here are some open source projects I run:
- asn1c-0.9.24 – The ASN.1 to C compiler. Also use Online ASN.1 compiler.
- ipcad-3.7 – A versatile IP traffic collector (Supported capture methods: BPF, libpcap, tee, divert, ULOG, IPQ; Supported export methods: RSH, NetFlow, file dump).
- libstrfunc-8.3 – A collection of text processing functions, primarily aimed at CGI developers (Includes support for CGI forms handling (GET/POST), base64, MIME, date/time conversion routines, template formatting, etc).
- ... and more C sources of varying degree of usability.
Once upon a time (1997) I spent a few years developing the following Windows beast:
- The Network Emulator 3.0 – A system for visual modelling the TCP/IP networks.
It has a GUI to create a mesh of hosts interconnected by various network media (Ethernet, serial, etc).
These virtual hosts run virtual programs, like "telnet", "ping",
"traceroute" and "gated", written using finite state automata; the system visually models the TCP/IP stack behavior.
The emulator supports the IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP and even BGP.
This project is listed here largely for sentimental reasons.
Co-founder and CTO of Echo.
Chief editor of Practice of Functional Programming journal (ISSN 2075-8456).
Twitter: levwalkin (English)
LJ: lionet (mostly Russian)
Some blog entries